Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Writing

This is what I spend my time writing now:

T conveys a life estate to A and has a reversion because there is a future interest left in the grantor (T) who transfers a vested estate of a lesser quantum (life estate) than that of the vested estate (fee simple absolute) which he has. A’s heirs now have a vested remainder subject to open because the future interest is vested in a class of persons, at least one of who is qualified to take possession, but the shares of the class members are not yet fixed because more persons can subsequently become members of the class.


Not so fun, but at least my teacher is a sarcastic MoFo who likes to make fun of kids who think they know it all. He's pretty hillarious.

6 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

halfway through that excerpt my left eye began twitching and I thought my head was going to explode.

7:52 AM

 
Blogger CJ said...

Wow, props go out to you. I would never be able to write something like that, my head would probably explode too.

9:31 AM

 
Blogger Xolo said...

A good teacher maked even the most mundane material fun and interesting. You are fortunate to have one.

I had to write stuff like that when I did my IR masters concentrating in International Law. It quickly convinced me that I never wanted to go to law school.

4:42 PM

 
Blogger Fehnix said...

Omg! Quantum!

*Coughs* that sounds rather interesting, I think I almost got it but then didn't.

9:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As of this month I've been a lawyer for 5 years in this country and 4 others and I've never used the rule against perpetuities, the rule in Shelly’s case, or any contingent reminder...springing or otherwise.

7:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo tampoco, anonymous. Up until I retired in 1987 after many years in front of idiot judges and only slightly brighter jurors, on any number of occasions I used to sing out, "the birds in the trees sing high, sing low, this is no trespass ab initio.

8:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home