Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The Daily Scuba Diver

The Daily Texican became the Daily Scuba Diver this weekend. I'm officially certified by PADI. I was probably the worst scuba diver in the class, but I made it. One of my classmates is an instructor and convinced my friend and I to take his class.

My "buddy" is a law school friend and extremely reckless. I on the other hand am extremely conservative in the water. I like things done by the book, so as you can imagine, this was a winning combination. My friend kept throwing crabs in my face and other crap he would find under water. It was pretty damn funny, except when he inadvertently knocked my regulator (breathing thing) out of my mouth 2x underwater.

I did the open water diver course and froze my ass off in the water today. Well, it's only cold for about 5 seconds. The wet suit works really well.

Spring break (yes, a 28 year old said "spring break") here I come!!

Oh, I think I'll get some pictures to post soon.

Knock Him Out

7 Comments:

Blogger ladeojosverdes said...

Congratulations! I grew up blocks from the ocean and never touched a scuba. YOU are a bad-ass.

9:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm afraid of agua amigo, so lots of luck. I see que you're enjoying your time en school! ;)

9:14 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

i get nervous just looking at your pictures. you're brave. so how deep were you?

7:35 PM

 
Blogger Daily Texican said...

I think we just made it to a little over 30 feet. Not too deep.

8:38 PM

 
Blogger Daily Texican said...

Redondo Beach - Federal Way.

11:32 PM

 
Blogger Adri said...

kick ass! congrats! I've been seriously considering taking the course and getting certified myself...was it hard?

7:18 AM

 
Blogger Xolo said...

I am surprised no one has made a "wetback" comment so far. So I won't be the first. :P

11:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home