Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Webb County Soldiers Keeping Salary

Webb County has committed to continue to pay salaries to any county employees called to active duty.

Read the article.

I am very impressed. I understand this means the tax payers are footing the bill for these soldiers, but I definitely think this is a great step to aid military families. I would hope private companies would follow suit.

Who said Webb County wasn't progressive? I applaud the County Commissioners for taking this step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home