Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Monday, November 15, 2004

New Technology at Border Tested

I haven't seen anyone post about this, so here's a link to a story about the new technology test. Homeland Security is taking pictures, fingerprinting, and asking questions to people coming into the country. It's an effort to curb terrorism and illegal immigration.

Right now they're saying that it's not really delaying the lines at the border. I know this isn't the most important argument for/against using this technology for most folks, but for the people who cross the border every day, this is just another pain in the ass. Hopefully it flows smoothly though.

3 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

I don't think a lot of people understand that there are people that cross the border on a daily bases. THat there are people that cross for work, school, purchasing goods, etc. People just don't know about it. I know I about it but didn't even think of it in terms of dealy for those people until you mentioned it in your second paragraph...

6:51 PM

 
Blogger Alma said...

I have some friends and relatives that cross the bridge everday. Whenever something new likes this is introduced usually the delays are longer. I'll check it out next week since I'll be in Matamorosville.

7:50 PM

 
Blogger Aleksu said...

I hope it is not only me the one that sees the irony between the last two posts.

Get all those evil Mexicans!

In the mean time, grant working visas to anyone else!

7:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home