Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Monday, February 28, 2005

Official Roadie

Saturday night, before the big show I didn't go out, because I had to rest so that could rest in order to be at 100% for the big Maneja Beto and friends show. I gotta say, my first roadie experience went fairly well. I didn't do much lifting. Los Skarnales was headlining so Patrick used their drums.

The band had a fantastic show while I danced. Well, I only danced one song and that's because this chick brought her friend to dance with me earlier, but I refused. Then, the band played a really firme song, so I decided to hit the dance floor. Anyway, I was having a great time. I was chatting away, talking to some folks when the band finished playing. I suddenly realized my job as a roadie wasn't over. By the time I ran up to the stage, I heard my friend asking for the roadie. It was pretty funny. We broke down and listed to the last band play. All in all a good time. I look forward to doing it again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aleksu said...

Hey, that is great!

On my way to Mexico I will drive through the sister republic of Texas, hope to hook up with you so I can listen to some of these fellas tunes.

9:22 AM

 
Blogger Alma said...

Hi DT! It sounds like you are really liking Austin; and what's not to like? Its a very cool place. Enhorabuena!

11:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home