Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Rooster Woke Me

I've been awake since about 5am, because the damn rooster woke me. I live in the middle of a city. Ok, it's outside of Austin, and I reckon' it was once the country, but damn, and rooster just woke me. We decided to sleep with the windows open, pero, I think this is the last time.

So get this, yesterday I'm driving down East Austin, which is in the middle of the city, and there are about 20 chickens just walking around the street. I thought that was hillarious.

7 Comments:

Blogger Aleksu said...

Well, for chickens, there is no borders.

8:30 AM

 
Blogger in the works: an art blog said...

it happens. i live in the middle of austin and there are roosters i hear every morning. i kind of like it, actually.

11:35 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I live in Chicago and my neighbor had a rooster and a chicken for a while. I could sleep through most anything so he never woke me up.

8:40 AM

 
Blogger Xolo said...

Check out the picture I put up in your honor.

9:17 AM

 
Blogger Pip said...

hey, look... fellow austinians.

austinites?

austalians?

anyway, i'm new to austin, so... well, nobody cares.

but hello, all the same.

11:03 AM

 
Blogger bunny said...

I used to live in East Austin. Lots of chickens. I had a chicken in my neighborhood in Fort Worth too.

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

There's nothing like a KIKIRIKI in your neighborhood. I live in Chicago and I've come across chickens with attitude plus I've also been stuck in a car with them.

4:25 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home