Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Important Things

I don't know what happened at UT today, regarding Texas Independance Day, but I do know that I just came back from eating a fantabulous Barbacoa plate at La Michoacana, located a block away from my brother's office. My meal was less than 4 bones and I'm stuffed. I shouldn't eat like that.

I noticed that next to the kithcen there was an empty crib, but I could tell a kid had recently been in there. I wonder if someone who works at the joint takes their kid with them. Maybe I'll find out next time.

3 Comments:

Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

barbacoa is delicious...

7:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that of Dr. Vodka. There are three things that Sundays always give me. One is my soccer game, two is my barbacoa tacos, and three is my turtleback, a.k.a. pan de huevo(blanco o amarillo).

10:01 PM

 
Blogger Manda said...

Mmmm..Barbacoa. I have fond memories of Sunday's after church with my Buelita. My Mamita would take us to a little restaurante that sold barbacoa by the pint, along with tortillas de maiz calientitos, and a sauce to die for. Aahhh..those were the days.

8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home