Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Oh What A Night

I met up with some of my most fantastic lady friends this evening. We were going to make a night of the big SXSW showcase we were to attend. After dodging traffic I showed up at their apartment to start the night. I forgot my stupid cell phone in the truck and missed chingos of calls. Damn, why the hell is the cell phone so damn important?

I couldn't miss this show. My friends from Maneja Beto were playing, then Plastilina Mosh, then Andrea Echeverri. Wow, what a night! I later realized my friend called me to tell me I didn't have to shell out the $20, because I was on the list as a band member. Oh well.

So, instead of waiting in line to get in, we decided to grab some drinks at a bar before the show. One of my friends is a lesbian. She's really cool and I made fun of her because she had a lay with those funky colors on her car. We started talking about gay clubs for some reason. She is currently living in San Antonio and happened to mention that she goes to gay clubs. I said, "What?!" She told me there were a lot of gay clubs there - even more than in Austin, a city known for being tolerant to homosexuals. Her theory is that in Austin, people feel free to hang out in public anywhere, becuase its more accepted. So, they don't have to go to only "gay" places. In San Antonio, my friend said, it's very hard, so they all go to clubs. It kind of made sense.

Anyway, the night was great. I hung out with some great friends and even danced a bit with a new dance partner. It was fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

so there are benefits to living in Texas...SXSW being one of them - wished i could have been there to see Andrea!

3:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home