My oldest sister gave birth to a little mugre today. She was born at 1:25 am. This should be exciting. My sister went old school and didn't find out the sex of the baby until she popped out.
A couple of observations:
1. The first day my mom found out my sister was pregnant, she looked at her and said, "Va ser niña."
2. My other sister noted that my oldest sister's dominant language is Spanish. During labor she never once spoke (yelled) in English, unless she was talking to the nurse.
3. the kid's name is Itzel, of Mayan origin.
4. My sister put together a list of Juegos De Dedos, Cancionces de Arrullo, Nursery Rymes to teach Itzel. Including, but not limited to: Tortillitas, Papas y Papas, Sana Sana, Tin Marin de dos Pingue, etc.
5. I don't see how women do it. Yikes, pain.