Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Monday, April 18, 2005

Soy Tio

My oldest sister gave birth to a little mugre today. She was born at 1:25 am. This should be exciting. My sister went old school and didn't find out the sex of the baby until she popped out.

A couple of observations:
1. The first day my mom found out my sister was pregnant, she looked at her and said, "Va ser niña."

2. My other sister noted that my oldest sister's dominant language is Spanish. During labor she never once spoke (yelled) in English, unless she was talking to the nurse.

3. the kid's name is Itzel, of Mayan origin.

4. My sister put together a list of Juegos De Dedos, Cancionces de Arrullo, Nursery Rymes to teach Itzel. Including, but not limited to: Tortillitas, Papas y Papas, Sana Sana, Tin Marin de dos Pingue, etc.

5. I don't see how women do it. Yikes, pain.

10 Comments:

Blogger HispanicPundit said...

Congrats bro!!!

9:26 PM

 
Blogger Xolo said...

Felicidades!

10:09 PM

 
Blogger Aleksu said...

Itzel its a nice name.

Congrats to all the Texican family for the new arrival.

5:56 AM

 
Blogger Alma said...

Cool! Is this your first sobrina/o? I come from a large family and I was an aunt by the age of 7. Its interesting the way Moms know the sex of the child - my Mom always gets it right too. Felcidades a toda tu familia!

10:27 AM

 
Blogger Diana said...

Congratulations to your sister and your family on the birth of your niece. :D

1:35 PM

 
Blogger Georgina Baeza said...

¡Felicidades! How exciting!

4:03 PM

 
Blogger The Art of Brownsville said...

Congratulations Carlos! Vas hacer un buen Tio Charlie.

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Laura Swisher said...

Que chulo! Is that Cholo? Se dice chulo en Espana. Guay tambien. Como, guay de paraquay, which is cool, according to my pal Paco.

Like the blog. Will have to make sure I'm up on my cholo terminology.

12:22 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

congrats. you can be her favorite uncle, tio texican. :D

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Antonio said...

Congrats, I didn't see the Elefante song on that list. You got to sing that song.

11:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home