Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

You've Seen Them!

I had a pretty good laugh reading El Mas Chingon's post Czech Yourself. He talks about young hipster parents dressing their kids like young infant hipsters.

For some reason, I immediately started thinking of Raza that mess their kids up from inception. You know you've seen them! You've seen the family walking around w/ their little 2-year old boy wearing earings. Or the 3-year old little boy w/ some gold chains (probably a cross or virgen mary), bracelets, rings, and sometimes a tooth. Or, how about the little kid with the sweet ass mullet.

I think those people are trying to be hipsters. Cindy thinks brown people can't be hipsters. I may agree, in this instance.

3 Comments:

Blogger la maestra said...

brown hipsters are alive and well... come by my classroom before the first bell and you can check out several of them and their little hipster offspring. i've got a straight cholo in my class and have met several kiddos with virgen necklaces and more gold than i'll ever own. keeps me entertained, that's for sure.

8:52 PM

 
Blogger Diana said...

That reminds me of all the bodas and quinceƱeras that ive gone to where mostly all the little boys are dressed kickers with gold chains and stuff just like their fathers. :) I think its cute and fun to watch them dress up their babies and children like that. :D

5:07 PM

 
Blogger Valley Politico said...

Dude!! You're too funny...

2:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home