Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Spanglish Word Of The Day - Quitear

Quitear - to quit.

"Nombre, ya voy a quitear esta chingadera porque nunca supe como hacerlo."

This was common when referring to homework, work, or well, just about anything.

SPECIAL TREAT:

A new friend, from Sensory Overload, gave me this one yesterday: Sanwich or Sanwiche

You guessed it. A sandwich. Ham or cheesse, Aguacate with ham or anything else.

"Quieres un sanwich?" "Si, me anda rumbando la tripa, dame el sanwiche."

Sandwiches are very common anywhere I think, but we could make a "sanwich" out of anything. I remember having egg sanwiches. I used to joke around that I would eat, tortilla con huevo, frijoles con huevo, and huevo a huevo.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Papas con juevo. Juevo con Papas. O papas a juevo."

2:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

in East LA, we say sangwish

7:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home