Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

My Weekend - Late

Whew, it's been one of those weeks. It seems I haven't had time to catch up. My uneventful weekend turned out to be half-way eventful, and I'm still trying to catch up on sleep.

The best part was finding a security guard on the phone and my friend passed out in front of his apartment. It was hillarious.


I stayed up way too late every night. Now I'm passing out.

One funny thing. I invited myself to a party on Saturday night and there was a mixed crowd of people. I started telling jokes like I always try to do and I was bombing with all of the white kids. My friend and I had started the "cool group" at the party and now she and I had to move inside because of my bombing. Inside the Mexican kids were loving all of my jokes. I didn't really notice it until she pointed it out (and she's white, but she was laughing). Oh well. I guess my humour only works w/ some folks. She just said that the white kids probably think my jokes are too blunt and some people may see them as rude. Me! Rude!? Noooo. Bueno, that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home