Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

El Chief Of Staff

Ok, help me out. A couple of days I was talking to my friend and she told me she wasn't sure who she was voting for. Gulp. What? A Latina living in Laredo, doesn't know who she's voting for? Chingado.

I had some ammunition, but I fear not enough. What should I tell her?

2 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia C. said...

The best way to communicate with someone is to find out about the person. Ask her first where she's been living. I suspect it's under a fucking rock.

10:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell her to analyze the candidates' positions on the issues. Which is more likely to raise her taxes? Which is more likely to enslave her in a never-ending series of government programs? (Remind her of what those programs did to the African American population.) Which of the candidates is more likely to treat all peoples equally, regardless of skin color (i.e., NO affirmative action nor lowered standards for minorities).

Finally, remind her that it is immoral to use one's vote as a way to have something transferred to you that someone else earned. That is, her vote

10:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home