Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Friday, October 08, 2004

Cholo Word Of The Day - Chota

La Chota is very similar to La Jura a previous word of the day. It seems we have a good number of word to describe the fuzz.

Word:
Chota

Meaning According To DT:
police, jura, fuzz, 5-O

Used in a sentence:
"Meli, si vez a la chota, run porque sino te meten a el bote."

"Porque chingados me van a encerrar, si I haven't did nothing."

Translation according to DT:
"Melinda, if you see the nation's finest, run because they will incarcerate you!"

"Why would those civil servants put me in jail, I haven't done anything?"



5 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

dude, you teach me not just cholo words but english slang. I had never heard 'fuzz' before.

12:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know ... I'm thinkin' chingados doesn't actually translate as civil servants. Heh.

Reecie

1:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course it doesn't. "Por qué chingados..." means like "why the hell," or "why the fuck." It translates as, "why the hell would they put me in jail?"

5:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont think that us chicanos or cholos whatever you want 2 call us refer 2 the chota as Nations Finest we refer to it as the police..

8:06 AM

 
Blogger Matt Smith said...

For some people sarcasm does not process...

8:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home