Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Friday, September 24, 2004

Limpiando Frijoles

I'm in a rush today. I have to finish up some work before I head out to my night gig. Instead of a word today, I've decided to post a picture of my buelita cleaning some frijoles. I took this picture in July when I visited for my grandfather's novenario.



In the foreground are the mangos and some orange plant. By this point she was already getting annoyed of me taking some many pictures with my hand new digital camera, so I was hiding.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia C. said...

This warms my tepid heart, truly.

4:37 PM

 
Blogger Julio Sueco said...

Yeah, this stuff birngs the memories on, cool shot, reminded me of my own grandma; those moments cleaning parrales were nearly spiritual, saludos hartos desde Sweden ese.

11:05 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Orale! Here is my link to photos of Arroyoseco, Qro. This is a stone's throw from your beloved El Refugio! Enjoy.

www.pbase.com/flexjoe/arroyoseco

3:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home