Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Monday, September 27, 2004

Cholo Word Of The Day - Carnala

Carnala is feminine and Carnal is masculine. I'm going to use some names from my previous post about Nombres. Thanks to those who contributed.

Word:
Carnala, Carnal

Meaning According To DT:
sister, brother, homegirl, homeboy

Used in a sentence:
"Chilo, vamos con mi carnala a el carnaval."

"Bueno Concita, te sacaste la daga con esa idea. Vamos!"

Translation according to DT:
"Auxilio (courtey of Cinylu, let's go with my sister to the amusement park."

"Ok Concepcion (courtesy of Xolo), you did great with that idea. Onwards and Upwards."


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big fan of "carnalito" and "carnalita"

- oso

9:17 PM

 
Blogger xicano said...

que onda? esta con madre carnal, it reminds me of that show on tv, culture clash from back in the day, i'm from dallas as well guey. te avientaste bro

9:27 PM

 
Blogger miss m. said...

I am horribly addicted to your cholo word of the day posts. They get me all riled up and I end up having to call my cousins and talk lots of shit. haha!! :o)

Yvette

11:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home