Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Cholo Word Of The Day - No Vale

I always use this phrase, but I don't think I've ever explained it.

Word:
No Vale

Meaning According To DT:
not good, no value (literal), this sucks, terrible

Used in a sentence:
"Ese guey no vale, because he reported me to la jura."

"Pues Queta (courtesy of Soul Musings), what did you espect. You broke the window on his ranfla!"

Translation according to DT:
"That rapscallion is no good, because he reported me to the nation's finest."

"Well, Enriqueta, what did you expect? You broke the window on his automobile."

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

me vale madres, me vale mangos.

8:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home