Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Saturday, December 11, 2004

Kerik Pulls Out and I Wonder

Former New York City Police Commisioner Bernard Kerik has withdrawn his nomination for homeland security chief. He made the decision after questions about the immigration status of a housekeeper-nanny he employed came to light. It makes me wonder whether I would ever be able to serve in a position of authority with our government.

As I write this I know of several first cousins living in the United States illegally. They crossed the Rio Grande illegally, traveled across Texas illegally, and are working in the DFW Metroplex illegally. Most of my aunts and uncles traveled through the Mexican desert, used tunnels, and crossed in California via Tijuana over 30 years ago. These folks aren't nanny's we've hired - they are familia! I wonder.

And you won't believe what I just did. I wrote another paragraph and then deleted it. The paragraph could implicate people. Isn't it sad, that today, I feel I can't write everything I want to about this topic?

2 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

In fact I was I little shocked you mentioned that you had family without papers working at the DFW Metroplex but then who ever thought that these people were legal?

No Oso, I didn't think anything "dirty".

9:18 PM

 
Blogger Aleksu said...

The Chavez affair was even worst, she was back stabbed by a person who she helped out.

The USA has a lot to account for Mexico's woes, both in politics and the economy. A more consistent migratory deal needs to be put in place.

9:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home