Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Los Reyes Magos

Today is el Dia De Los Reyes Magos. My mom and younger brother went out and bought a Rosca. None of us got the rosca. You can read all about the traditions by clicking on the links.

Many folks don't open "Christmas" gifts until the 6 of January. Not us, but some do. Read about it if you like.

3 Comments:

Blogger under the red sky said...

Achis, Cachis..se me olvido poner el zapato!

6:09 PM

 
Blogger Alma said...

My friend, whose parents own a bakery in Matamoros, invited me for rosca last night. Her parents overnighted her a couple of roscas - isn't that sweet! And I got the baby Jesus! That means I have to make tamales Feb. 2!

8:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 6-year-old daughter was so disappointed that she didn't get the baby. She very much wanted to be the one hosting the tamale party. No matter, though, because the point is her experiencing the tradition.

Melinda

12:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home