Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Fast Food Movies

I finally finished reading Fast Food Nation, but that didn't stop me from eating a #1, no onions, from Whataburger for lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch again on Sunday.

My last Cine Las Americas movie was a doozie. Temporada De Patos is another great film.

Flama and Moko are two 14-year-old boys planning to spend their Sunday afternoon playing video games, ordering pizza, and taking advantage of their parents’ absence from the apartment. Their adolescent plans, however, get interrupted by a power outage, a pretty teenage neighbor who stops by and stays, and a pizza delivery man who refuses to leave when the boys refuse to pay him.

This film about urban teenagers eschews common themes of guns and violence, using the natural performances of the young actors to capture the fun, the confusion, and the loneliness of adolescence.


I think the festival was a huge success. It's the first time I went and I really enjoyed it.

I know I've mentioned that I really enjoy this city, but damn, when I leave I'm going to miss a lot of stuff. I'm going to miss hanging out with my friends. I'm going to miss the easy access to cultural events. I'm going to miss the concerts and live music. And I'm going to miss the new people I've been meeting. I guess - more on all of this later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aleksu said...

I guess you've already mentioned, but, to what town are you moving?

10:04 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but you know what?

Whataburger really IS what a burger should be, dammit.

Reecie

11:45 AM

 
Blogger Daily Texican said...

I'm moving to Seattle.

8:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home