Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Friday, April 01, 2005

Rock, Helmets, Action

Three games out of the year the band, football players, cheerleaders, and any other student organization attending away football games were given the same instructions by teachers: Leave all bus windows closed at all times and always keep your helmets on. (i don't know what cheerleaders did).

The three towns: Rio Grande City, La Joya, and PSJA.

My friend and I were talking about this a couple of days ago. For some reason, win or lose, after every football game played in any one of these towns, the fans (kids) would decide to throw rocks at the bus. It's actually pretty funny, but I guess could have been dangerous.

That's why every year we had to follow the same procedure. I do remember getting pelted. Nobody got hit and I think someone in my bus actually mooned the students first. Either way, it was pretty damn funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger denise said...

w e i r d.

when i was in band (ENHS) we totaly went through the same thing with those punks at PSJA. thanks for the memory...

i'm in seattle, planning my trip back to edinburg, trying desperately to find liberal bloggers/politicos with whom to drink of The Pabst.

1:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn, and those are the districts I plan on applying to next week!

5:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home