Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Pentrexyl - Medicina Mala

For two weeks straight my wisdom tooth felt like it was about to rip my gums open. It hurt chingos and there was nothing I could do about it. I don't have dental insurance and I don't want to go to the dentist because I can't be out for a couple of days, since I just started school. So I figured I'd tough it out. Then, I talked to my mom.

"No tienes Pentrexyl?

Why the hell didn't I think of that. I snagged a couple of pills of this powerful drug last time I was at home. Sure enough I'm feeling fantastic today. Hijueso, I should have known.

I've always taken Mexican medicine for my ailments (when yerbas didn't do the job). My allergies were terrible until I started taking Celestimina F. Even the Mexican government took that off of their shelves. Y for las vitaminas, I bet some of you used to drink the tres eses (SSS). I did.

It's different though now that I'm not living in Texas. Where the hell do I go for medicine like Pentrexyl? Can I ask my mom to mail it to me? Is that even legal? I dunno, but it worked.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mexican Meds son las mas chingonas! But go see a dentist anyways.

7:57 AM

 
Blogger Ana said...

Los, my mom sends me pentrexyl, too, for las anginas and other ailments. She once had to send it FedEx because I was really sick, but it is illegal. Find the Mexican part of town and visit a panaderia. At least in Dallas, those are the barrio farmacias.

Also, do your student fees pay for the medical center on campus?

I hope you feel better...sana, sana, colita de rana.

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

well, i second sangrona's advice. visit the mexican part of town. is there one over there? in chicago, the corner tienditas in the neighborhood usually carry them. they used to be easier to find but a few ago some news anchor did an undercover investigation and got a lot of the store owners in trouble for selling them. so now you sort of have to know someone and they have to be sure its not a 'bust'.

8:53 PM

 
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

I agree with Cindy Lu that it would be cheaper to go to the dental school. Just be careful que no te dejen chimuelo;)

8:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha!!! i was wondering what i was taking so i googled it and this is what came up! lol yeah my mom just told me to take this stuff and my throat would be as good as new, who knew? lol

4:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:57 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:45 AM

 
Blogger Tony Destroni said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:51 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I can mail it

6:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home