Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Cholo Word Of The Day - En Chinga

Well, I'm not sure if this is necessarily a "cholo" word, but it's pretty damn close. I have to post "en chinga."

Word:
En Chinga

Meaning According To DT: haste, fast, freakin' quick, in a hurry
(might be considered a curse word, depending on who you're talking to)

Used in a sentence:
"Pollo, vamos en chinga al H-E-B porque la jefita quiere queso para las enchiladas."

"Nombre Chinche, they went to get the cheese last week at the escuelin."

Translation according to DT:
"Pollo, let's go really quick to H-E-B because mom wants cheese for the enchiladas."

"No Bedbug, they went to get cheese last week at the school."

Bonus Word:

Escuelin: School

side note: I never did really laugh at those "cheese line" jokes, but I was always the kid in that line, and damn that cheese is good!

7 Comments:

Blogger elizs said...

yeah, I was taught that a word that soungs remarkably like "chinga" was a curse word.

9:03 AM

 
Blogger Sylvia C. said...

Yeah, used as a verb, "chinga" is pretty bad, no?

10:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those cholo words of the day are hilarious. thanks for commenting. i despise the yankees too like everyone outside of the bronx, but i'm rooting for the a's in the AL west. - cindylu de loterĂ­a chicana

12:10 PM

 
Blogger CJ said...

Yeah, I always was taught that the "ch" word was pretty bad. Now don't ask me what it means, cause I have no clue.

3:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chinga is a curse word it means shit, fuck ex: chinga tu madre means fuck your mother

-vatoloco

11:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicano word of the day : HARRASMENT
used Ore le Vato my old lady caught me in bed wit mi sancha but das ok cuz harr-ass-ment nuthin to me!

11:15 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes very authentic! The daily Texican out of Washington state.

Other Chingas:

Chinga su madre (tu madre is lame)
Que la chingada!
Chinga Chaven.

8:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home