Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Cholo Word Of The Day - Calenton

I was walking over to put a letter in the mail and I saw a group of employees shooting the shit outside of their office. There were several men and one woman. The mailbox was on the other side of the street so I started to cross over when I noticed one of the guys do something I've seen a ridiculous number of times. It's sort of the "hey I'm going to scare you, but I really hope to feel you up" move. The guy jumped into the group from behind, grabbing the woman, and they both broke out in laughter. I'm sure she knows what was going on. I know he does. I laughed because I remembered that cameramen always used that move with pretty female reporters when they were out in the field. The girls would always come and tell me, "hey, fulano just felt me up" and then they'd laugh. I imagine they laughed because they weren't really offended. I'm sure some people would consider it harrassment, but I've never heard of such thing. Anyway, I wanted to yell to the guy "pinche calenton!"

Word:
Calenton

Meaning According To DT:
pervert, horny bastard

Used in a sentence:
"Ese Polo es bien calenton - siempre anda manosiando a todas las girls."

"Si hombre - nunca le dicen nada, pero uno de estos dias le van a partir la madre."

Translation according to DT:
"That Hipolito is quite a gentleman caller - he knows how to court all of the girls."

"Yea man, they never tell him anything when he makes advances, but one day they will put him in his place."

1 Comments:

Blogger La Madre said...

you made my day sweeter.

3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home