Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I'm Sad and Scared

"a country deserves it's president" - Howard Stern

"how does it feel to live in the dumbest country in the world" - co-worker

"it's a day of mourning" - friend

"I'm sad and scared" - me

"mostly it makes me sad b/c sooo many people in our country believe that Bush's approach (which is mostly the equivalent of a school yard bully) is the right one. also, that they don't see/understand the long range damage he is doing domestically" - another friend

I don't even know what to say. The war won't end. Many more soldiers will get killed. The stock market is up. The price of oil won't go down. The economy - well, damn it.

Maybe I'm wrong. If most Americans think it's ok to invade a country under false pretenses, then maybe it's right. If most Americans believe that slashing military benefits and paying teachers less is ok, then maybe it's right. If most Americans believe that a chump change "tax break" is ok, while the richest people in this country get a huge tax break, then maybe it's right. If most Americans don't care that the vice-president has anything to gain by Haliburton getting every contract in Iraq, then maybe I shouldn't. If most American's think it's ok to let the government have access to every little detail of your life, without letting you know, then maybe it is ok.

I get at least a couple of hours of being depressed. Plus, I've got either a cold or the flu, so I feel like caca.

We have to organize better. I know I didn't do enough.

8 Comments:

Blogger Xolo said...

I am with you, hermano.

We need to stand together and morn. It is a sad day and the future of this country is frightening. But we must stand strong and continue our struggle against those who would like to take us down the path to tyrany/fascism.

8:07 AM

 
Blogger Alma said...

It's unbelivable that the majority of people still trust Bush to lead us - it's collective stupidity.

8:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to believe the American people are smarter than this, but evidence suggests otherwise. Major bummer.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Sylvia C. said...

I had great hope that John Kerry would be our next president. Instead, another four years of dismal endurance. FUCK THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION.

5:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, at least bush has morals. i didn't see any in kerry.(and watch your language sylvia). this isn't the anonymous who posted before me, incase any of you get confused.

6:01 PM

 
Blogger Xolo said...

Bush, morals? Ha!

The inane are so easily fooled...

No wonder you don't leave your name, you refuse to accept responsibility for the stupidity of your comment.

7:59 PM

 
Blogger La Madre said...

Morals. Religious. What does that even mean. I believe in God and Jesus Christ as my savior and I believe that Bush is evil. Fuck this oligarchy.

11:11 AM

 
Blogger Sylvia C. said...

Morals?! If we want to argue morals, it looks like Bush has forgotten his fundamental (that is, with a lower case f) Christian values. The sheer irony--yet fully expected--is that Bush needs to force this "morals" blindfold right across the eyes of people who'd otherwise see how immoral his actions have been. No one should be arguing whether another politician is moral (almost sounds oxymoronic, if you ask me)--how is that pertinent, ESPECIALLY if you are arguing one thing and voting for the antithesis of it?

11:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home