Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Cholo Word Of The Day - Explico Federico

Ethno Queer points out that there is a second part to Entiendes Mendez.

Federico is simply a name that rhymes with Explico.

Word:
Explico Federico

Meaning According To DT:
need me to explain, should I explain

Used in a sentence:
"No se como llegar a la dance en tomorrow."

"Look, nomas vete a downtown y volteas a la left en la Ross. Me entiendes mendez o te explico federico?"

Translation according to DT:
"I don't know how to arrive at the dance tomorrow."

"Look, simply go towards downtown and make a left on Ross. Do you understand me Frederick?"

2 Comments:

Blogger Cristalino said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

6:41 PM

 
Blogger Cristalino said...

Actually “do you understand or copy, Mendez” (Méndez is a common Spanish surname, originally a patronymic, meaning Son of Mendo, Menendo, or Mem.)... further, or “shall I explain, spell it out, draw you a map etc., Frederick?” I always understood it to be derisive in nature. 😉

6:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home