Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

My Candle Is Lit!

Ya prendi la vela and I've said a prayer. I voted this morning. The guy that runs our office came out and told everyone to quit what they were doing and go vote. I was impressed. It's a good idea because he gets everyone out of the office at the same time and also, because he encouraged everyone to go vote. I only know of one person in our office who won't vote. We've all given him hell for it and I hope he realizes why it's so important to us.

Today might also be the first time my Mother casts a ballot as a U.S. citizen. I need to call and check to see if she went through with it. She was a bit apprehensive. She doesn't read very well and is intimidated by things like that. I told just to go and try it out. We'll see.

My head is killing me. I think I'm getting a cold. The reunion kicked my ass.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia C. said...

Good for your mom! So uh...who did she vote for? :)

6:53 PM

 
Blogger La Madre said...

My mother just became a US citizen too. It was her first vote as well. Dios mio.

11:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home