Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Friday, October 22, 2004

A La Iglesia

It's picture Friday. I've only had one other of these, but I'll still call it picture Friday.

I took this picture with the room completely dark. I was sitting in the corner while my grandmother was getting ready to go to church.



The altar set up for my late grandfather is behind her. For a long time, my grandmother refused to sleep where she and my grandfather used to sleep. There's a picture of the virgen and underneath you can see the picture of my grandfather.

The doorway on the left hand side of the room had only been there for a week or so. It's the new bathroom! Up until a couple of weeks before that, my grandmother still had to get water from her well, heat it up on the stove, and mix and match, if she wanted to take a shower. Oh, the door didn't fit the doorway, so that's why it's off to the side.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia C. said...

You should really make Picture Friday a regular thing. Thanks for sharing this one.

4:33 PM

 
Blogger Alma said...

Me encanta tu Abuela - eres bien tierno.

12:40 AM

 
Blogger Bee d.S.S said...

ohmygosh. She totally reminds me of my great grandmother who died about 5 years ago. She was the most adorable old lady ive ever had the pleasure in knowing. I can only imagine how amazing and wonderful your granny is. :)

2:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Sylvia. I enjoy your weblog so much; thanks for sharing with us.

Reecie

2:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gday. I got onto your site somehow while looking for pinouts for a telephone plug. I am in Australia and my mum is mexican. Tu Abuelita looks just like mine did. love the site. Bendigos.

2:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home