Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

1040 Hell!

I am in 1040 hell. The 1040, like the LSAT, and the SAT before that, is kicking my ass. It's like I'm taking a freakin' math test. Oh, I wish I were in the land of 1040 EZ.

Did you know most of the Mexican kids in the Valley are really good at math? The Mexicans - not the Chicanos like me. All of the Mexican kids who would come over in junior high or high school, would always do really well on Math. Their English -- well, that's another story, but their math - damn.

I sucked. I still suck. I'm having to fill out a Schedule A and a schedule D and a who the hell knows Schedule. Please, light a candle for me and my taxes.

3 Comments:

Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

This is one Chicana that was never intimadated by math. Hell I use to participate in Math competitions.

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

Yes Texican, Dr. V was a brain to be reckoned with in H.S. Anyway, I totally empathize with you and your tax form drama. I've lit a bonfire for you;)

6:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No seas codo, spend 10 bolas for the tax cut software from HR block at target...that's what I did. Works great. It does all the calculations para ti.

4:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home