Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Nuestra Gente

UPDATE
The point of this post was to show people coming together to discuss topics of interest. If there are other groups of Latinos (I know there are as several folks have already pointed out), I'd like to find them. Cool -- we shall move on.


Elenita recently posted a list of Blogeros and Blogeras. I recognized the names on the list because it's part of our group - Nuestra Gente. Is this officially a clique?

Well, I'm sure there's some of us active in more than just this small group, but it got me to thinking. Is there another group of Latinos (or bloggers who like to discuss issues involving the Latino community) around? Are we even a group or clique? We can't be the only raza, are we? And if so, shit - we're pioneers!

Nombre, en serio, I wonder if there is another lil' circle like this? Sepa. Ustedes Saben?

9 Comments:

Blogger Georgina Baeza said...

I don't think there is dude. I'm glad I stumbled upon you all porque le veradad es que I was tired of all these other bloggers/journalers who I couldn't completely relate to.

11:26 AM

 
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

well, i'm a Latina blogger too and so are my friends - none that are on that list. So there are several more Blogeros/Blogeras out there. Some of us touch on all sorts of topics including issues of the Latino community.

2:37 PM

 
Blogger La Madre said...

I actually had noticed the blogs of La Brown Girl and dr.vodka and Mariposa Atomica but I'd forgotten about them. I think they have their own little circle, like ours. I know I am going to ruffle some feathers with this statement but I think our circle is a little more left-wing and politically orientated. Yeah, I think we do have kind of a clique going on, our own little familia.

8:13 PM

 
Blogger Julio Sueco said...

Good observation, I join in your glee ese, saludos desde Suecia.

1:54 AM

 
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

Hey there's tons of Latino bloggers here in IL. Buscanos y nos encontraras;)

1:02 PM

 
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

well, i do use my blog as more of a "creative" outlet but i'm not afraid to get into issues pertaining to medicine and politics.

5:50 PM

 
Blogger Alex said...

That's for sure, Mariposatomica.

6:17 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, I might ruffle some feathers too. But I have ask. Are we still in high school? Why must someone feel that they belong to a clique to feel validated? At the risk of sounding cliche I am going to have to say that we should be working unidos and not drawing divisions and pointing out who belongs and who does not.

2:13 PM

 
Blogger La Madre said...

I think the term 'clique' was being used somewhat in jest. I do find that the blogs I read are some of the same people who read my blog and that we have formed a community. I like DT wondered if there were other chicano blogging communites out there and what kept us seperated. I like this 'clique' not because it is a clique but because when I blog for assitance they always come to my ayuda, son mi gente, mi familia.

3:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home