Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Monday, January 31, 2005

More Latino Soldiers Die

Every soldier death in Iraq is significant, but Latinos are coming back in caskets at an alarming rate. A couple of these Latinos, of course, have ties to the Rio Grande Valley.

I'm not sure where we can find the numbers, but I know I've read that per capita, the Valle has had the largest number of soldiers killed in the war.

2 Comments:

Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

i've been curious to get the stats on all Latinos over in Iraq. My cousin is over there.

2:46 PM

 
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

It's terrible all these kids getting killed. I saw a Marine recruiter the other day going into a highly populated Latino high school.

9:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home