Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Friday, January 28, 2005

Sin Chamba

Many of you may have noticed that I've been doing quite a bit of traveling across this great state of Texas. In fact, I just got back from McAllen a couple of hours ago. I'm in Austin now. Last Thursday I served as my lawyer brother's chauffer and drove him from Austin, to Sinton, to Mathis, to Karnes, to San Antonio, back to Austin. These are all cities in Tortilla Sandwich's neck of the woods. Then, I decided I hadn't done enough driving so I split to McAllen that night.

The reason I'm able to drive around is because I don't have a job. I stopped working in Dallas in late December and have been on the move since. People ask me if I'm looking for a job or if I'm worried and I say, "huh?" Man, I've only been in the real workforce for 5 years and I already need a break - I'm taking it right now. I reckon' I'm in transition. I'm going to help my brother set up an office here in Austin and see what happens next. I don't really have a plan.

So there, if you're wondering why I'm doing all this driving, it's cause I don't have a gig. I don't have much money saved up..enough to make a couple months of motorcycle and insurance payments (the essentials of course). My roommate in Dallas was generous enough to cover all of the bills and rent. I am running low on cash - so I'm pretty grateful for that. Ask me if I'm worried now, "uh, not really."

The great thing about my life, at this point, is that there are a lot of people willing to help me out. I don't want to freeload and I don't think I am, but it's nice to know that sometimes you really don't have to worry about much.

I am still doing a bit of contract work for my old company and also helping my brother with some preliminary stuff, so it's not like I sit on my ass all day - but I'm not getting paid. Bueno, I'll keep you all posted on this situation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia C. said...

I need a break too--a major one. Let's become truck drivers. I want to drive McDonald's delivery trucks--the ones with the giant pictures of the Egg McMuffin on 'em.

8:37 PM

 
Blogger CJ said...

So what did you think about my neck of the woods, pretty bland right?

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home