Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Cuantos Cononces?

I get upset every time someone accuses me on not caring about the troops or taking them for granted, simply because I don't agree with the war! Wait, is this post out of the blue, not really. I'm on a message board with a bunch of my South Texas h.s. classmates and well.

So, I pose the question, how many members of your family, relatives, conocidos, acquaintances, vecinos, or just random folks do you know who are serving in this war?!

The reason I'm asking (and it's kind of a rhetorical question, but feel free to answer), is because I bet you my bottom dollar I know more folks over there than the President, or Donald Rumsfeld, etc.

This is why I get pissed off when people tell me I take the troops for granted. C'mon, one of my closest friends/college roommate is in Iraq right now. Do folks really think this doesn't affect me? Ugghhh, I reckon I'm posting this out of frustration.

2 Comments:

Blogger Georgina Baeza said...

I know what you mean man. I get accused of this all the time. They call me "anit-american" and a "radical" pero no entienden! They have no freaking clue what they're doing to these poor kids (the troops) and the peps from the Middle East all because of that monkey eared bastard! Grrrr! This war is pointless!

11:57 AM

 
Blogger Aleksu said...

I have a good friend over there, I spend Thanksgiving with his adoptive family every year.

Two of my Mexican coworkers have siblings "over there".

9:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home