Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Oh yea, it was Ash Wednesday

Thank God Sensory Overload posted something about Ash Wednesday. That stuff is way better than anything I could write.

I knew it was Ash Wednesday, but I kinda forgot about it this morning. I remember when I drove by a Luby's and saw them pimping out the fish menu for Lent. Then, I went by Office Depot and noticed to Mexicans walking around with Ash on their forhead. Hmmm, that was me last year. Damn, I know I should go to Church, even if it's just to pray, but I didn't. Instead I came home and ate some chicken tenders with buffalo sauce.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mariposatomica said...

Pass the chickent tenders...

6:55 AM

 
Blogger AnalisaGuzman said...

Funny, that happened to me last year. BUt even though I did not go to Ash Service, I avoided the meat. Trying. I am trying!

8:16 AM

 
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

hey, i avoided the meat & it wasn't too hard...let's see if i can keep it up.

10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home