Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Thursday, February 17, 2005

No! - The Male Version

I decided to check out Loteria Chicana for some inspiration before writing. Bad idea. I've decided to steal her Still Not A Fetish post, because it's pretty damn good.

It's a pretty bad attempt and I don't differentiate between their characters and the real person. Man, I'm laughing over here just thinking of some of these idiots. Thanks Cyndi, and I'm sorry I'm not doing justice to your post, but I'm having a great time. In fact, I'm missing the entire point of your post.

No, I am not a California Highway Patrol Officer or the star of Dos Mujeres Un Camino who can't speak Spanish very well. No, I'm not Eric Estrada.

No, I don't smoke the yerba buena all day and say "wussapening" at people walking down the street in East L.A. No, I'm not Cheech Marin.

No, I don't have the face of an angel and have my students call me Kimo. No, I'm not Eduard James Olmos.

No, I don't say "he's decomposing in my locker," when the TEA asks me who cheated on the test. No I'm not Angel, better known as Lou Diamond Phillips.

No, I am not the most popular young Latino mayor, high Government official, good looking all around bloak, leader of a big time broadcasting corporation and pelado that pays off a gringita not to talk about indiscretions. No, I'm not Henry Cisneros.

No, I am not a high flying cartoon character adapted from real life wrestler, who prances around half naked on national television. No, I am not Tito Santana, Rey Misterio, El Blue Demon, or Mil Mascaras.

No, I don't live in a barrel outside of Doña Florinda's, but really my apartment is el apartamento ocho. No, I'm not el Chavo Del Ocho.

No, I'm not an ass kisser who thinks it's cool to torture POW's. No, I'm not Alberto Gonzalez.

ok - sorry. For the real deal, go to Loteria Chicana.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aleksu said...

Hey guys, you both did an excellent job at bringing down some of the most pervasive cliches of being Latino/Hispanic in the USA.

8:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ai, you guys are so chevere! And no, I'm not the "fertile Puerto Riqueña" TV-Personality and petite-spit-fire soon-to-be-ex-wife of the hippest Mayor in the country, Gavin Newsom ~ I am not Kimberly Guilfoyle Newsom. ~ :)

10:04 PM

 
Blogger Georgina Baeza said...

What about El Frito Bandito? You guys have tempted me to do the Latino writer version of this. Maybe I'll work on that instead of working.

7:31 AM

 
Blogger Aleksu said...

No, I did not play a Mexican revolutionary befriending an old gringo nor I am the only Hispanic in the Star Wars galaxy. No, I'm not Jimmy Smits.

What about Anthony Quinn, Cristina Saralegui, John Leguizamo, Paz Vega, Ricky Martin and Marc Anthony?

7:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home