Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Sunday, May 01, 2005

And I'm Gone!

One month from now I will take the next step in my life. I'm moving to Seattle. I'm making the drive from Austin, TX to Seattle, WA. I'll be driving my pickup truck all the way and I hope to make stops in El Paso and L.A. I know I haven't really discusses my move on here, but I figured I might as well let everyone know now. I'm going to attend the Seattle University School of Law. I wanted to go to a school in Texas, but my LSAT scores, which I took five years ago,were ridiculous.

I opted for Seattle University because I read a little bit about their program and it seemed interesting. There were a couple of faculty members I was really intrigued by and my brother went to the same school. Well, it turns out I made a pretty good choice. Seattle University School of Law is ranked near the bottom of the top 100 schools, BUT I just found out that it's ranked #1 for their Legal Writing program. The school is also ranked #5 for its Trial Advocacy program.

I'm really looking forward to moving to Seattle, but I'm also a bit hesitant. I've never lived outside of Texas, but I understand this might be my only time to do it. It won't be my only opportunity, but maybe the only time I will want to live outside of Texas. Aver que.

The last 5 months in Austin have been great. I've been able to hang out w/ my old college friends and meet some new fantastic people. I've been doing stuff I love. I'm comfortable. I look forward to finding an apt. in Seattle and getting situated. I look forward to starting school, even thought I haven't been in school for the last 5 years.

12 Comments:

Blogger Aleksu said...

Happy trails!

And yes, from Austin to Seattle qualifies as a big move.

7:00 AM

 
Blogger Alma said...

So will you still be the Daily Texican or will you rename your blog the Daily Washingtonian? It doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Best of luck Licenciado!

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Sylvia C. said...

Congrats and all that. I've never been to Seattle, but I hear it's a nice place...to make new friends. *wink wink*

3:45 PM

 
Blogger Mariposatomica said...

Hey congrats!! Lots of great art. We will definately come a knockin' on your door. Here is one of my favorite Seattle bloggers. http://herstory-missaquino.blogspot.com

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Georgina Baeza said...

Awesome man. I hope you keep blogging. If you get a chance, stop by Chico's Tacos in El Chuco (El Paso) or Carnita's Queretaro.

9:17 PM

 
Blogger HispanicPundit said...

Congrats bro, keep an eye open for them sexy females up there in Seattle, they say grad school is where everybody falls. LOL

And I agree with Cindylu, once you become a lawyer you will go from liberal to extreme liberal, them damn lawyers, almost as bad as the sociologists. :-)

9:44 PM

 
Blogger CJ said...

congrats! I'll need to call you up for advice if I ever get thrown in el bote.

11:22 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

congratulations. big move sounds so exciting.

6:46 PM

 
Blogger AnalisaGuzman said...

GOOD! and Good Luck man! Grad School, well, as long as it is in a big city....you will be more than ok!

7:03 AM

 
Blogger The Art of Brownsville said...

Wow! Congrats! Good luck in law school! Seattle is a beautiful city I have heard!

8:04 AM

 
Blogger denise said...

Damn, i wish i'd read your blog sometime before you came up here, as i would have loved to have played host for an afternoon.

What part of town are you moving to? I live on Beacon Hill, which is pretty much the international district. It's much more diverse than Capital Hill, the first neighborhood I lived in.

Anyhow, welcome!

7:11 AM

 
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

Congrats, u make us proud!

i like Seattle...hope u will too!

8:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home