Ojo: The "Cholo Word Of The Day" is simply for fun. This is not an academic exercise, therefore I do not spend much time checking for espelling or grammatical errors. Most of the words are not only used by "cholos," but by many people in S. Texas - and their usage can vary. c/s

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Cholo Word Of The Day - Chale

Need a word to use the as a substitute for the over-used "no way, jose," well, I've got one for you. Chale!

Word:
Chale

Meaning According To DT:
no, no way, uh uh, forget that

Used in a sentence:
"Keko, quieres ir con migo a cambiar esa mercancia que nos encontramos?"

"Chale Poncho, nos pesca la jura y luego quien me saca del bote."

Translation according to DT:
"Sergio, would you like to go exchange the merchandise we just found?"

"No way, Alfonso, the authorities will catch us and then who will get me out of being incarcerated?"

7 Comments:

Blogger Alma said...

That's one that I hear more from Chilangos. Just like Chido. Hey, I hope you are doing better with your allergies.

11:25 AM

 
Blogger La Madre said...

Chale, pinche Chilangos.

12:18 PM

 
Blogger Xolo said...

Ay, Elenamary, que te traes con nostros chilangos?

Pus chale!

1:56 PM

 
Blogger La Madre said...

pues es que son Chilangos, por eso.

4:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

chale (or as my little brother says it chah-LAY, think surfer dude) is one of my favorite words. paz, cindylu.

1:31 AM

 
Blogger Xolo said...

No manches, elenamary!

9:10 AM

 
Blogger CJ said...

What's up with the Chilangos vs. everyone from the rest of Mexico? I'm just curious, as the resident coconut I want to be informed. ;)

8:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home